- What Do Bedbug Bites Look Like?
More Bed Bug Articles
Do you suspect there are bed bugs in the bed? Just the thought of bugs in bed disgust most people. Quickly spreading insects, bed bugs reproduce daily. If you haven't actually seen any bed bugs in bedding, keep in mind it is not uncommon for bed bugs in the mattress to go nearly undetected at first. Even people who notice a few bug bites don't link them to having a bed bug problem. Experts stress that cleanliness has nothing to do with the matter. There have been issues with bed bugs infestation in even some of the finest luxury hotels and the cleanest of homes.
Getting rid of bed bugs is best left specifically to an experienced exterminator for bed bugs.In most cases, your bed bug extermination price will be based on inspection findings and not on a flat fee. Depending on the extent of the infestation, one should be prepared for bed bug extermination prices to be between $250 and $1000 per room. Always confirm terms of re-treatment policies and/or service guarantees. Leading exterminators for bed bugs also have liability insurance in place to cover any possible damages incurred while exterminating bed bugs.
Bed Bug Extermination
Bed bugs in mattress for sure? It is almost always recommend that mattresses be discarded, especially when heavily infested or in poor condition (i.e. rips, tears). Mattresses should really NEVER be treated with an insecticide to ensure safety and hidden eggs can hatch weeks later. Many do it yourself techniques to kill bed bugs require use of strong and potentially harmful insecticides or dust formulations. These products can often simply result in bed bugs to scatter throughout the bedroom, moving into crevices, protected locations, and nearby rooms or apartments.
You can rid bedbugs from bedding or linen by having them dry cleaned or laundered in hot water and dried using the "hot" setting. But, to safely and successfully get rid bed bugs, whether for home or hotel, hire a professional bed bug exterminator. Following a thorough bed bug inspection, a dependable bed bugs control service will outline specific treatment methods proven to control bed bugs.
Is it Bed Bugs?
A bed bug is reddish-brown, flat, and oval shaped. Bedbugs often remain hiding in such places as seams of mattresses, pillows, and cushions, folds in bedding, and in or near baseboards. Bed bugs infestations continue to be on the rise in homes, apartments, hotels, motels, health care facilities, dormitories, shelters, schools, and modes of public transportation. Immigration, international travel, and increases in second hand use of furnishings are largely attributed to the resurgence and increasing problem with bed bugs in the U.S.
Signs of Bed Bugs
- Bed bugs bites or "Bed bug rash" - Typically bite marks are in a straight line or trail, in a series of 3 or 4 bites. Bed bug bites often resemble mosquito and flea bites, and for most a similar reaction. Some do have more severe allergic reaction and require medical treatment.
- Small red stains - These may show up on the bedding or mattress when bed bugs are crushed.
- Bed bug feces - A blackish looking trail of fecal specks may be visible on the mattress, bedding, in mattress seams, etc. Check seams in pillows, furniture cushions, floor moldings and baseboards for both bed bugs and bed bug feces.
- Bed bug exoskeletons - This is the tiny hard shell encasing a bed bug's body that is left behind when it grows.
- An unusual or distinct sweet odor - In cases of heavy bed bug infestation, crushed bed bugs are said to leave a sickly sweet or moldy smell (i.e. like raspberries or something fruity rotting).